Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quick Tip - Pumpkin Seeds

I just recently learned my lesson about baking with different colored pans...  I'd always seen before recipes calling for either a "light" or "dark" pan, but I always pretty much ignored it.  But hey, it all worked out fine before.



Well last week, after carving this BAMF, I baked me some pumpkin seeds using this recipe.  I grabbed two deep pans out of the drawer so that I would have the room to spread the seeds out while not having the risk of the seeds falling off like cookie sheets do.  The pans, one light and one dark, were both in the oven for the same amount of time at exactly the same time.  Here's the difference:


Doh!  Shows what lack of attention will bring on.  Oh, well.  The lighter ones are delicious (so you can image with the bag of pumpkin seeds is starting to look like as I pick the good ones out.)  I'll just have to be more careful when I gut the big guy this week!

No comments: