Sunday, November 1, 2009

Make Me Something Sundays: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Now that Halloween has come to an end (sniff,) it's time to gut those pumpkins!  One of my favorite snacks is Roasted Pumpkin Seeds.  Here's how to make them:


(Photo credit: Me!)

  1. Remove the innards from your pumpkin.  Separate the seeds from the pulp.
  2. Place the seeds in a colander to rinse.  Try to remove most of the pumpkin remnants from the seeds.
  3. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.  (Temp. and time will vary with recipe.)
  4. Depending on the recipe, many differ from here.  Some suggest drying your seeds over night, but I find it unnecessary.  Simply take baking sheet and dump the seeds on the center.
  5. Add some olive over the seeds.  Stir to coat evenly.
  6. Spread the seeds out as much as possible so that they're not heaped in clumps.  Add salt.
  7. Pop the seeds in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.  Take out at around 10 minutes to stir.
  8. Ta-dah!  Although I can never resist, try to let the seeds completely cool before consuming.
I have found that pumpkin seeds are really tough to screw up, but really easy to spice up!  I haven't really tried messing with the recipe yet.  Usually I'm just too anxious to eat them!

Let me know what YOU do with your seeds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect! : )