Friday, November 20, 2009

Deck Out Your Fridays! Do you remember...

Of course people still rake their leaves and bag them up, but I'm having a bit of a nostalgic moment here.

As the last leaves are inevitably falling to the ground and Jack Frost is ready to jump in the ring, I can't help but think of the autumns of my past.  It's depressing to say now that I can't remember the last time I jumped in a pile of leaves.  That used to be the best!  The feel, the scent, it's all coming back to me now...

Do you remember the Jack-o'-Lantern bags we used to stuff leaves into?  Then they became a yard decoration until the end of the season.  Why don't I see them anymore?  Is it a thing of the past?  This is what I'm talking about:

(Photo credit: David Beaulieu, About.com)

Did anyone use these this year?  Or did they just disappear...

No comments: