Monday, November 16, 2009

All Media Mondays: Halloweentown!



Halloweentown is one of my favorite films of the season!  I am a true product of the Disney Original Movie.  (Before HSM time...)  I'm talkin' Zenon, Smart House, Brink...  Ask me to name them all later.  It was an exciting day when I learned they had released many of these on DVD.  Guess who owns Halloweentown?

Anyway,  this film features a family consisting of a single mother, (like many Disney movies,) her two daughters, son, and a very eccentric grandmother played by the wonderful Debbie Reynolds. When grandma shows up on Halloween, strange things start to happen.  The oldest daughter Marnie, portrayed by Kimberly J. Brown, thinks that there may be more to her strong fascination with the odd and macabre.  When grandma encourages the behavior, mom gets angry.  So the kids follow their grandmother after she leaves in defeat to a strange looking bus-stop...  And land in Halloweentown!

It's cute.  It's fun.  It's Halloweenish!  Disney made a few more in this series, but, of course, the original is the best.  I can do two, Calabar's Revenge, and can gripe through three, Halloweentown High, but after that, there's no point.  It might only speak to my generation, but hey, I still suggest you give it a try ;)

How many Disney Original Movies can YOU name?

No comments: