Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Activities Tuesdays: Carve your own...Funkin?

If you're looking for a less-gooey alternative to carving pumpkins, (I know, why would anyone want that?) then the answer has finally arrived!  Now you can create everlasting Jack-o'-Lanterns to use for every Halloween to come.



The first place I saw one of these "pumpkins" was at a Joann Fabric and Craft store.  They're called Funkins.  The description provided by Joann.com for the above pictured Funkin:
This 10'' carvable funkin will last all season long. Funkins are resistant to all kinds of weather. Funkins are already hollow, making them just as easy to carve as a real pumpkin without the mess.
 Funkins also have their own site if you're interested!  Complete with examples...



...And an option to buy them straight from the site.  They also have luminas, gourds, and pumpkins all different sizes!

I'm curious as to how these carve, but I've yet to even carve my real pumpkin this year.  Let me know if you've tried out the Funkin!

No comments: