Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Days 3 & 4 of my 31 days of Halloween

Yep.  I'm already cheating.  But who's reading this anyway?

So...

I broke down and already cracked into some Nightmare Before Christmas.  Honestly, "This is Halloween" has been stuck in my head for DAYS!  Both versions.  But that's not me complaining :)

Since I can't find a decent (and legal) link to either version, enjoy this film trailer from MovieClips.com:



Yesterday, I spent the day in the lovely Chestnut Hill area of Philadelphia.  While I didn't get to visit yet, Morris Arboretum holds an annual scarecrow contest, and this year is even having a special Harry Potter category!  (Look out for upcoming Harry Potter Weekend post.)  I will definitely be stopping by to vote.  The scarecrows are already up and will be on display until October 17th.  I highly suggest you swing by and check it out if you're local.

When I got home from walking the strip, I was beat.  So I plopped on the catch and pulled up the onDemand menu.  Searching for something scary, I instead landed on Megamind - which I thoroughly enjoyed!  I believe the super hero category has a place in the 31 Days of Halloween, and so it shall here.  With characters voiced by the the brilliant minds of Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, David Cross and Brad Pitt, how could we go wrong?  Oh, and did I mention some pretty kick-ass music?  Check it out:


I actually picked this film to watch so that I could get work down while I used it more as background noise.  That didn't work out.

Finally in my backwards trot, I watched me some Betelgeuse on Sunday.  As I watched, I began to list all the reasons why I love that movie.  And well...  maybe I'll finish it the next time I watch for you.  Jump in the line?




No comments: