Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's a Stretch! Saturdays: Possess the desire to meet the Haunted?

Demons, ghosts, poltergeist, the possessed: all associated with Halloween whether in a curious way or an accusatory one.  Have you ever come in contact with something possessed or haunted?  Ever wanted to?  Try eBay!

No.  Joke.

A few weeks ago, I came across an immensely interesting lot on eBay containing a lot of pictures from some old asylum (in Germany, I believe.)  No one had bid on it so far, and the seller told tale of the old photos being haunted.  I couldn't help myself; I bid on them.

Over the next day or two, I became anxious and stressed!  Should I have willingly invited these items into my home?  Part of me just wanted the story, which was also the part that is a skeptic.  The other part of me fully believes these items were possessed.  Although I had wanted to win the lot, I became incredibly relieved when I got the email informing me that I had lost the bidding war.


And there lies the paradox.  We as humans are curious yet cautious.  More often than not our stupidity wins, (which is always more fun anyway.)  But at what cost?

If you're curious, like me, one of my "followers" on Twitter, WickedDolls, specializes[?] in locating eBay lots of haunted dolls for the interested buyer.  What on Earth is more creepy than that?  Even if you're not in the market for possessed objects... I recommend you read the stories for entertainment!



Do you have any stories of possessed or haunted objects?  Believe in that kind of thing?  More than anything, I want hear from you!



No comments: